Lead Coach: Paul Jones
Professional Triathlon Coach, Paul Jones, has been coaching triathletes for over fifteen years. During that time he has coached athletes to international success.
Now based in the North East of England, Paul has coached and trained athletes who have qualified for the Hawaii IRONMAN, qualified for the 70.3 World Championships, and won World & European age-group medals. Lets not forget to mention the countless personal achievements by individuals who have got the best out of themselves.
Paul's commitment and dedication to his continual coaching education & development over 15 years to make him an inspirational coach. Its not just the qualifications he has with British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia & IRONMAN, but the continual practical experiences he has gained through real coaching.
- British Triathlon Level 3 Coach
- Triathlon Australia Performance Coach
- IRONMAN Certified Coach
- Certified Biomechanics Coach (Level 2)
- Sports Coach UK – Equity in your coaching, Protecting Children, Mentoring Sports Coaches
- Running Sports – A club for all, Volunteer Management
- SAQ Qualified Instructor
- NVQ L2 in Exercise and Fitness
- Amateur Swimming Association Club Coach Award
Assistant Coach: Kate Charlton
Having worked for several multinational companies, in pursuit of a better work/life balance for my family, I retrained as a physiotherapist, fitness, tri, and strength and conditioning coach.
The skills I have developed reflect my belief that individuals who commit to a balance of sport specific training and strength & mobility work develop high quality movement patterns, improve functional strength and create a robustness against injury resistance and fatigue. I love a challenge, and I love to challenge others along their journey to improve their sports performance and achieve their goals.
I regularly swim, bike and run. I have completed a range of sporting events such as the Rat Race, Coast 2 Coast two day challenge (running, cycling and kayaking for 105 miles), a 24hr endurance ride, a 39 mile ultra-marathon in the Lake District, and triathlons up to middle distance.
- Level 2 British Triathlon Coach
- Chartered Physiotherapist (HCPC registered)
- Level 4 Strength and Conditioning coach (adults & children)
- Level 3 Sports Massage and Personal Training
- Level 2 Coach UKA running, BC cycling; ASA swim teaching, gym instructing and indoor cycling