The marvel of the Scandinavian landscape is on display at every turn in this, the most recommended IRONMAN race in the world. Traverse the Baltic Sea and the iconic 6km long bridge to the island of Öland on the bike course, and celebrate your achievement at Europe's biggest IRONMAN finish line party.
As the Official IRONMAN European Tour Travel Partner, we know Kalmar extremely well and we can provide accommodation literally overlooking the event finish line, at the Official IRONMAN Race Hotel (which is located within 300m of the expo, transition and registration).
Through our knowledge and expertise, we have worked with the hotels to ensure they cover all the needs and requirements, to allow you to focus on experiencing one of the world’s greatest IRONMAN events.
With an experienced Nirvana project manager in resort to support you every step of the way, you will be in the best possible hands.
- A range of accommodation available, including options within walking distance of the key event areas
- Transfers available from both Kalmar airport and Kalmar train station
- Bike course familiarisation tour available prior to race day, where we will take you through all aspects and tactics of the course
- We can assist you with transportation from accommodation located on the outskirts of Kalmar to check your bike in, as well to the swim start on race day morning, removing the stress of complex race day logistics
- Leave your travel and accommodation arrangements to the experts
- IRONMAN race entry fee cover insurance
- Bike storage permitted in bedroom
- Daily athlete friendly and orientate breakfast
- Early breakfast on race day arranged from 4am
- News updates direct from the Race Organisation in your hotel
- Direct access to the Nirvana experienced Event Crew on the ground at the event
- Water temperature updates and forecasts
- That feeling of having the support of experienced operators around you
- Use of cycle track pumps in hotels & in Transition prior to the race start
- Access to our bike mechanics, exclusive to Nirvana clients, providing a range of bike services (additional charges apply)
- Access to our athlete event services including airport meet & greet with return airport transfers, bike transportation, & bike course tour (additional charges apply)
- Travel and accommodation management of your reservation pre, during and post event
Worried you might get injured or become ill prior to your event? As part of Nirvana’s services, via Yellow Jersey, we provide you with FREE race fee cover to ensure you're not out of pocket. The race fee cover starts from when you confirm your accommodation booking and covers not being able to attend your event due to various specified reasons, such as: injury or illness; vehicle breakdown; work relocation and more. Read the full T&C’s HERE
We can book your flights and take the hassle away from your travel plans.
Bike carriage (if applicable) will always be pre-booked and pre-paid where possible. As airlines each have individual carriage policies, we have the expertise to make sure your bike will travel securely and correctly
Best possible itineraries researched, taking into consideration your preferred departure airport(s), costs and bike carriage
We always tailor your request to fit your needs and will look through all the options to find the best value for your trip
All flights booked and departing the UK are ATOL-protected by the Civil Aviation Authority, Nirvana Europe Ltd, ATOL Holders 6985
We aim to provide accommodation to suit all budgets, as well as offering options as close to your event as possible. Whether you're looking for a budget bed & breakfast, a 5-star hotel or anything in between, we can cater for your requirements.
Airport Meet & Greet with return Transfers
Our airport transfer service is readily available to both participants and spectators and offers a professional and comfortable journey, as well as safe storage for any luggage or bike boxes (if applicable) that require transportation. We will be waiting in your destination arrivals hall, wearing our famous bright orange Nirvana Europe t-shirts.
Overland Bike Transportation
Transporting your bike, fully assembled, from anywhere in the UK/Ireland to your triathlon race.
TriBike Transport offers quite simply the market-leading triathlon bike transportation service, eliminating the worry and stress of transporting your bike and leaving you free to concentrate on your race preparation.
Transporting your bike with us removes the stress and hassle there is to disassemble and reassemble your bike before and after the event, and as your bike will be professionally racked in our vehicles, there is no need to adjust any of your personal bike measurements.
Nirvana Event Support Staff
Our experienced event staff will be with you on the ground throughout your stay. Our staff’s aim is to assist you with any queries or questions you may have, no matter what time of day, and to alleviate any and all stresses or concerns.
Bike Mechanical Services
Tired of having to disassemble and reassemble your bike before and after your event, and risk affecting your personal bike measurements? Our professional bike mechanics can alleviate these worries and anxieties by assisting you with the following services:
Drop-off and Tune-up: Is your bike already assembled and ready to ride, but not ready to race? Schedule a final pre-race tune up.
Unpack, Assemble and Tune-up: Unpacked from your bike box or bag, assembled and pre-race tune-up.
Disassemble and Pack for Transportation: Once you have finished your race, drop off your bike along with your bike box or bag and we will disassemble and pack your bike, ready for transportation.
Unpack, Assemble and Tune-up, Storage of Case and then Disassemble and Pack for Transportation: The full works - all of the above!
Bike Course Tour
Taking in one loop of the course, our bike course tour by coach offers you the chance to experience the look and feel of the course ahead of race day.
Early Breakfast on Race Day Morning
To give you the best possible start to your event day, we arrange an early breakfast for all athletes and spectators.
The most popular and one of the most important event services we provide are our event transfers, which connect your accommodation to the event site for all event-related activities. This leaves you to fully focus on your event without the need to worry about local buses or taxis, or the need to walk or cycle long distances to and from the event site.
Train Station Transfers
Our train transfer service is readily available to both participants and spectators and offers a professional and comfortable journey, as well as safe storage for any luggage or bike boxes (if applicable) that require transportation. We will be waiting at your destination platform, wearing our famous bright orange Nirvana Europe t-shirts.
Enter your email below to be notified when booking opens for IRONMAN Kalmar