As the Exclusive Travel & Accommodation Partner to the Great North Run, we have developed a range of services, ensuring you make the most of the special 40th edition this year.
- Accommodation in the 'Nirvana Collection' of hotels, all hand-selected for their services and location - University accommodation, within a 10 minute walk of the start line - Sleepover in the City, with likeminded runners and spectators - Official GNR campsite (located within 2 miles of the GNR finish line) - Packages bringing together bespoke transport and accommodation options, that are fully integrated into the event timetable - Regional transfer services (incl. hotel pick up points) - Spectator & post-event to city centre transfers - Coach & Run (from Scotland, Yorkshire & the North West) - Coach, Sleep & Run packages from various collection points around the UK - Start and finish line lounge access, available on selected packages
Whether you're based in the North East of England, or you are travelling from outside of the region, Nirvana have you covered.
- Accommodation available within a 10 minute walk of the GNR start line
- GNR campsite located close to the finish line in South Shields
- Extensive event transfer services from 1 night Coach, Sleep & Run packages, to on the day transfers from various locations around the UK
- Unique tailor made packages suitable for individual & corporate groups, to enhance your stay in the region
- Convenient flight/train booking service, taking into consideration your preferred departure point and costs
- Options available for families, groups, couples and single travellers
- Early breakfast on race day arranged for Nirvana guests
- Direct access to the experienced Nirvana team
We aim to provide accommodation to suit all budgets, as well as offering options as close to your event as possible. Whether you're looking for a budget bed & breakfast, a 5-star hotel or anything in between, we can cater for your requirements.
Early Breakfast on Race Day Morning
To give you the best possible start to your event day, we arrange an early breakfast for all athletes and spectators.
The most popular and one of the most important event services we provide are our event transfers, which connect your accommodation to the event site for all event-related activities. This leaves you to fully focus on your event without the need to worry about local buses or taxis, or the need to walk or cycle long distances to and from the event site.
Coach & Run
The service provides the perfect solution for those who prefer to experience the Great North Run all in just one day, eliminating the need for overnight accommodation. The Coach & Run service offers runners and spectators the chance to travel to the North East on the morning of the Great North Run and travel back after the event.
Nirvana's Coach & Run service currently operates from these locations:
Coach & Run Scotland – Edinburgh, Berwick, Alnwick
Coach & Run North West – Whitehaven, Workington, Maryport, Cockermouth, Penrith & Carlisle
Coach & Run Yorkshire – York, Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster, Wakefield, Bradford, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Halifax & Hull
Fly, Sleep & Run
This service provides the perfect solution for those travelling a considerable distance to the Great North Run.
Fly to Newcastle
Get one night in budget accommodation in Newcastle City Centre
Event transfers to the Great North Run start line (if applicable)
Event day transfers from the finish area, direct to Newcastle City Centre
Fly home from Newcastle
Club, Coach & Run
Club, Coach & Run is specifically tailored to meet to your Club's exact requirements.
Would you and your fellow runners/spectators like to be collected directly from your club house or a meeting point of your choice, driven directly to the race start line and then directly home from the finish line after the race? If the answer is 'Yes' then this is the ideal service for you!
Coach, Sleep & Run
This option provides the perfect solution for runners and spectators who have a considerable distance to travel to the Great North Run and are looking to get a good night's sleep before the event.
Nirvana's Coach, Sleep & Run service currently operates from these locations:
Coach, Sleep & Run Midlands – Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Lincoln & Stoke
Coach, Sleep & Run Scotland – Glasgow & Edinburgh
Coach, Sleep & Run London – Stevenage, Central & North London
Coach, Sleep & Run South West – Bristol & Gloucester
Coach, Sleep & Run South East – Cambridge, Ipswich, Norwich & Peterborough
Coach, Sleep & Run Central – Oxford, Milton Keynes & Northampton
Coach, Sleep & Run Yorkshire – Sheffield, Doncaster, Hull, Leeds & York
Coach, Sleep & Run North West – Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Blackburn, Warrington, Stockport & Lancaster
Please note that this option is for athletes and spectators over the age of 18 only
A lover of the great outdoors or looking for a great budget accommodation option? We can provide you with camping locations that feature all of the necessary facilities you would expect as a minimum requirement to your stay.
Enter your email below to be notified when booking opens for Great North Run