Events - IRONMAN< Go Back
Sunday 14th September 2014 - Tenby, Wales
- Book Online - press the button above
- Event Packages -view our options here
Located on Wales' southwest coast, Pembrokeshire is known for the breathtaking landscape of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, featuring miles of sandy beaches and a spectacular coastline.
The start of IRONMAN Wales race is at North Beach in the seaside village of Tenby. Athletes will swim 3.8K in the Bay before taking on a 180K bike course through the scenic countryside of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, passing numerous castles and iconic landmarks. The medieval town walls and picturesque beachfront provide an impressive backdrop for the marathon through Tenby.
The race course is a gruelling test for any IRONMAN athlete; 2011 saw 13% of the 1,303 starters not finish the race, no surprise when parts of the bike course such as St Brides Hill have been renamed 'heartbreak hill' by the locals!
You could easily be forgiven for saying that one of the toughest IRONMAN races out there, has most definitely been saved until last, with IRONMAN Wales being the final event of the IM European Tour.
As always, every client booking with Nirvana Europe in 2014 will have:
- Race Entry Cancellation Insurance (EU residents only)
- Bike storage or bike permitted in room
- Early breakfast on race day arranged
- News updates direct from the Race Organisation
- Direct access to the Nirvana Europe experienced Event Crew
- Water temperature updates and forecasts
- That feeling of having the support of experienced operators around you.
Checkout the official IRONMAN TV episode featuring Tenby 2013: